Hours And Schedule
School is in session from 8:45am to 3:00pm for all grades, Pre-K through Gr. 8. At no time should children be dropped off prior to 8:20am unless they sign in to Before Care. At 8:20am the students signed in to Before Care go outside and join the other students being dropped off by parents. When the 8:35am bell rings, all students line up in their assigned class area on the playground and enter the building in an orderly fashion. Students need to be in their classrooms in the beginning and closing of school in order to hear daily prayers and special announcements.
Drop Off and Pick up –School Parking Lot: School Safety
The safety of our students is paramount. The combination of moving vehicles and active students is always a problem. Please follow these guidelines for bringing vehicles onto campus. Due to the fact that we share the parking lot with Holy Cross Church, many of our parking areas may not be permanently marked. We will use orange cones as needed to establish boundaries for vehicles coming onto the school parking lot.
Between 7:00am and 5:00pm no vehicle shall drive into, stop or park in the yellow lined no parking area directly outside the gym/cafeteria windows (against the school building). This is a safe area for students, parents and staff to walk. If you come into school during the day and need to park your vehicle in the designated parking lot, however, your vehicle must be moved by 2 pm to another location in order for the car line to be unobstructed during dismissal.
Morning Drop Off:
In driving to school for morning drop off enter the Holy Cross parking lot through entrance closest to Broadway and exit out the parking lot through the other lot opening half way up the street.
- Parents dropping off students will drive their cars parallel to the school outside of the yellow lined no parking area to drop off students (this location is known as the drive-thru). This is an unloading zone only. Students should exit the vehicle on the right side of the car so they do not have to cross in front of other vehicles. Safety First!
- If a parent intends to enter the school with their child(ren) the parent must park his/her car in the parking lot and walk with their child into the building.
- Do not park against the building or chain link fence or block the drive-thru lane.
- Do not unload in the middle of the parking lot—this is unsafe and it is not a “drive thru”
- If a student arrives between 8:20am – 8:35am students go directly to the playground, except for the 3rd and 4th grade students who must put their ipads in their cubbies first, in the back of the school during nice weather or to the cafeteria during inclement weather.
- If a student arrives between 8:35am – 8:45am the student enters the building through the front door and goes directly to the classroom. If the student arrives after 8:45 am the student needs to check in to the main office first before going to their classroom.
Afternoon Pick Up:
Students are dismissed at 3:00pm with their class/teacher.
Two ways to pick up your child(ren): car-line and outer parking lot.
- The first pick up lane is the “drive thru lane” parallel to the school. (When this line is filled begin another line)
- Subsequently, the drivers form several parallel lanes to the drive thru lane. When one lane is full, please begin another line. Do not extend one line out to the road.
- When parents in the first lane have “collected” their child(ren), that line is dismissed and we fill the second line of cars. This continues until all lines have been dismissed.
- Stay with your vehicle; your child will come to your car. A teacher in the parking lot will call for each child/family and another staff will walk them to their car.
- The same procedure will be followed on early dismissal days with dismissal being at noon. In inclement weather, children will be dismissed from the gym using the same procedure.
Outer Parking Lot:
- Parents can park in either of the 2 church lots on the Red’s Dairy Freeze end of N. Richland and walk down to “pick up” their child(ren) from their class dismissal line. Students will be released via their teachers when the teachers see the student’s parent. Please do not walk over to the student dismissal line; students will come to you.
- Any student going home with anyone except his or her own parent needs to provide a note to the teacher/main office requesting this change for dismissal.
- At the end of dismissal, your son/daughter will be escorted to After Care if you have not arrived on time for pick up. After 3:15pm you will be billed for After Care services in quarter hour increments.